Meet Mrs. Jasmin Newsome
– Mrs. Jasmin Newsome
Grades and Subjects Teaching:
– 2nd and 3rd Grade
Year you began your teaching career:
– B.S. in Kinesiology from Louisiana State University
– M.S. in Kinesiology from the University of North Texas
Tell us about your family:
– My husband and I have been married for 11 years and have 4 beautiful, energetic, caring boys (Nash-8, Nyles-7, Nelan-5, Nox-3) that all attend PBS and love it!
“My children attended the school first as students and we were so grateful of the caring, loving and family-oriented environment. The teachers truly care about my children, so it was not a tough decision to join as a teacher.”
Do you have an interesting fact?
– I am a former: LSU Golden Girl, University of North Texas Dancer, Dallas Mavericks Dancer and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
– I was Mrs. Baton Rouge 2010, Mrs. Louisiana America 2013-first runner up.
– I teach hot pilates and yoga on the weekends, and love taking dance classes.
– I am an active member of the Junior League of Baton Rouge.
Why is Christian education important?
– Christian education is important to me because I believe that it is more important for my children to get to heaven than into Harvard. My husband and I believe that God made each child different and we want to pave their life path with God first.