Application Process & Deadlines
Step One: Visit Our Campus
Come to one of our Open Houses, schedule a private tour and/or schedule an “Experience Parkview” shadow day for your child. Call Admissions Coordinator, Cindy Harrison at 225-291-2500 x 104 or click here to schedule online.
Step Two: Apply Online
All applications must be submitted with the following documents:
- Grades from current year and the previous school year (grades 1-12)
- Most recent standardized test scores (grades 2-12). Acceptable standardized test scores for grades 2– 10 include ERB, Stanford, LEAP, ACT, Aspire, etc. High School Junior and Senior applicants must have qualifying ACT score. If not, they will be required to take the ISEE entrance test.
Referral Forms and Surveys
- Pre-K Teacher Survey (TK & K)
- Parent Survey & Copy of Birth Certificate (Pre-K, TK and K)
- Student Questionnaire (grades 5-12)
- Teacher Recommendation (grades 1-12); Math or English teacher required for grades 7-12
- Principal or other Administrator Recommendation (grades 1-12)
- Non-refundable application fee of $100 (Pre-K) or $150 (K-12)
Step Three: Admissions Testing & Screening
After you submit an application, your child will be scheduled for their entrance assessment and interview with the appropriate Division Head. Please bring the application fee with you to your child’s testing appointment. We cannot test or interview without a completed application and paid application fee.
- Incoming Pre-K students take the ESGI assessment on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 9:00 and 11:00.
- Incoming TK & K students take the ERB AABL on Friday mornings at 9:30 and 10:30.
- Incoming 1st through 10th grade will take the ERB ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam).
- Incoming 11th and 12th must have a qualifying score on the ACT. If not, we require them to take the ISEE entrance test. We rarely accept seniors except in the case of relocation or other extenuating circumstances.
Once your child completes his/her entrance assessment, we will schedule him/her for an interview with the Division Head.
Step Four : Admission Criteria & Decisions
- TK and K applicants must be five years old by September 30th of the school year.
- K – 10th grade applicants must have a qualifying score on the ISEE entrance test.
- 11th-12th grade applicants must have a qualifying score on the ACT OR ISEE entrance test.
- 5th-12th grade applicants must have at least a 2.5 overall grade point average.
- 5th-12th grade applicants must have a satisfactory interview with the Division Head.
- A record of good behavior and attendance from previous school.
Once the above process is complete, the admissions committee will prayerfully consider your child’s application. You will receive your child’s admissions decision via email within one week of entrance test and interview.
Step Five: Enrollment Contract
If your child is accepted, you will receive instructions on how to complete your online enrollment contract. In order to secure your child’s place at PBS, the enrollment contract and the non-refundable registration fee must be submitted within two weeks of the acceptance email.
Key Admissions Dates
- October 1 – Admissions Season for the following year begins; online applications open
- October through December – Admissions Testing and Interviews
- January 1 – First Round/Priority Admissions Deadline
- January through March – Admissions Testing and Interviews
- March 1 – Application Deadline for Second Round of Acceptances
After these application deadlines have passed, applications will be considered on a space available basis. Please call the Admissions Office at 225-291-2500, Ext. 104 for availability.