Meet Mrs. Katie Richardson
– Mrs. Katie Richardson
Grades and Subjects Teaching:
– 11th Grade English
Year you began your teaching career:
– I am blessed and so very excited to begin my teaching journey this year, right here at Parkview.
– B.A. in Literature from Louisiana State University
Tell us about your family:
– My husband, Nathan, is a mechanical engineer. We met at the Baptist Collegiate Ministry at LSU and have been married for just over a year now!
“I grew up in and graduated from a small Baptist school similar to Parkview, and I was challenged to grow in my faith and to apply myself academically. I heard about Parkview throughout my college career, and before I graduated I knew I wanted to work here primarily because I am incredibly passionate about sharing my faith and mentoring young students. Getting to do that freely while also teaching a subject I love is the dream job I’ve prayed for!”
Do you have an interesting fact?
– I love to cook and bake—if it’s completely from scratch or totally unique, all the better!
– I played 3 different sports throughout high school.
Why is Christian education important?
– So many reasons!! I think most of all, it’s an opportunity for students to see that their faith is the means by which they MUST interpret the rest of the world around them. Without a Biblical worldview and a strong Scriptural foundation for what we believe, we are likely to fall apart when we face hard times or secular ideas. Christian education prepares students for life with the best resource imaginable—The Word of God!