Meet Mrs. Johnice Thoms
– Mrs. Johnice Thoms
Grades and Subjects Teaching:
– Early Childhood and Elementary Music
Year you began your teaching career:
– B.A. in Music Therapy from Loyola University New Orleans
Tell us about your family:
– I am the wife and mother to a blended family of 12 years. My husband, Bryan and I have 3 grown children: William Thoms (25), Grant Burns (25) and wife Brooke (24) and Rebekah Burns (21). We enjoy gathering for family meals, watching movies and sports, vacationing and the boys (and Brooke) love to fish!
“I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Parkview. This is an awesome opportunity for me to connect my spiritual life, music and career.”
Do you have an interesting fact?
– I am a Baton Rouge native. I bleed PURPLE AND GOLD.
– I have an awesome Cajun maiden name – Bourgeois – but I don’t do seafood.
– I am a queen organizer.
Why is Christian education important?
– It is great for the students to see Christian faith lived out in front of them on a daily basis as well as being encouraged to explore and practice their own faith daily – not just on Sunday.