Meet Mr. Patrick Garvin
– Mr. Patrick Garvin
Grades and Subjects Teaching:
– Flex Program (Social Studies)
– Football Offensive Line Coach
Year you began your teaching career:
– B.A. in English with a minor in Secondary Education from Belhaven University
– M.Ed. Secondary Education from William Carey University
Tell us about your family:
– My wife, Elizabeth, and I have been married for 17 years. Our daughter, Russum, is in 4th grade and our son, Cooper, is in Pre-K. Both of our kids attend PBS.
“We wanted to come to Parkview for a better educational environment for our children, and to be a part of a proud football (athletic) tradition.”
Do you have an interesting fact?
– I was inducted into Belhaven University Athletic Hall of Fame in 2008.
– I originally attended college on a Basketball scholarship.
– I am undefeated in most versions of Trivial Pursuit.
– I am a terrible singer but I like to irritate my wife and kids by singing loudly at home, in the car and at Church.
Why is Christian education important?
– Skill and knowledge not built on a foundation of Christ is empty. I believe a solid, Christian education should prepare believers to apply to gifts, talents and knowledge with which we are blessed to further His kingdom.