Meet Mrs. Wendy Knight
– Mrs. Wendy Knight
Grades and Subjects Teaching:
– High School Learning Lab
Year you began your teaching career:
– 1997 as a Paraprofessional; 2003 as a Teacher
– B.S. in Education from William Carey University
– Currently attending the University of St. Thomas of Houston pursuing my Masters in Special Education Administration, graduating May 2020
Tell us about your family:
– I have been married for 29 years to Gary Knight a native of Prairieville. He has served as a student/youth pastor for 35 years. My son, William, is a custodian with the APSB and an Eagle Scout. My daughter, Frances, is a Senior at Northwestern State University where she is studying to be a secondary education History teacher and Colorguard director. She is on a Band Colorguard/Winterguard scholarship where she spins flags, rifles,and sabers.
“I see this as an opportunity to continue serving youth age students that my husband and I have worked with for 29+ years and use the talents and gifts I have been given.”
Do you have an interesting fact?
– I worked at Disney World while teaching and serving a church in the Orlando area.
– I hold license in 4 states, Mississippi, Florida, Texas, and Louisiana.
– I love football and watching the band at halftime.
Why is Christian education important?
– When a student has a question we can freely go to the Bible and see what God says about the question and let that be the driving force. To strengthen a child every day for 13+ years in the knowledge of Christ and assist in strengthening their roots in Christ.