Meet Mrs. Hannah Populus
– Mrs. Hannah Populus (Yes, she is related to Mrs. Kelly Populus)
Graduate of PBS Class of 2015
Grades and Subjects Teaching:
– 12th Grade English – College Prep and Dual Enrollment
Year you began your teaching career:
– B.A. in English from Louisiana State University
Tell us about your family:
– I am married to my high school sweetheart, Aaron (we met at Parkview)! We have a kitty named Mimi!
” Parkview is my home away from home, and it has been my entire life! I was a 13 year senior at Parkview, and I came back as soon as I could!”
Do you have an interesting fact?
– My hobby is sky-gazing! I absolutely LOVE astronomy – it was my favorite non-major subject to study at LSU.
Why is Christian education important?
– Christian education is important because people can’t be kept in a bubble forever, but by raising and educating them in a Christ-centered environment, we equip them with the tools to navigate the world around them in a healthy, Christian way.
– I have been praying for each of my students individually and by name since I received my class list in June. I have been blown away by what God has placed on my heart, and by the love that I already have for my students. I firmly believe that my job as an educator is to love first and teach second, which is the opposite of how many people view our profession. However, I know that my best teaching is done in an environment where my students know that they are loved by not only me but also God.