Meet Mr. Vercher
– Mr. Patrick Vercher
Grades and Subjects Teaching:
– 12th grade Civics
Year you began your teaching career:
Tell us about your family:
– I have been married to my wife, Angela, for 29 years and we have three children: Elaina (25), James (23) and Thomas (21).
– B.S. in Social Studies from Louisiana State University
Do you have an interesting fact?
– President Reagan came to the DMZ in Korea when I was a soldier and years later he spoke at my commencement exercise at LSU.
– I once completed a 50 km (32 miles) run.
– I’ve recorded 5 CDs of original songs.
You get three things to take to a desert island – what are they?
– A computer for reading, a guitar for entertainment, and my Swiss Army knife.
Why is Christian education important?
– Without a spiritual life, a person will spend their whole life being tossed around by the problems of living in a material world.