Meet Mrs. Nola
– Mrs. Jennifer Nola
Grades and Subjects Teaching:
– 10th Grade English Honors and College Prep
Year you began your teaching career:
Tell us about your family:
– I have been married to my husband, Paul, for 18 years. We have two children: Nicholas (15) and Luke (13).
– B.A. in English Literature from Louisiana State University
– M.Ed. in Secondary English Education from Louisiana State University
– Currently working on post graduate library certification.
Do you have an interesting fact?
– I love baking and crafts.
– Both of my parents are scientists but I did not get any of their math or science genes.
– I’ve met and had a conversation with my favorite author, Lois Lowry, twice!
– I love shoes so my husband built me a shoe closet in our home, however, I prefer to be barefoot.
You get three things to take to a desert island – what are they?
– If I couldn’t take my family…my dog, Chloe, a book, and a blanket.
Why is Christian education important?
– Christian education is important because young people need role models that work hard at living a life based on Jesus’ teachings. They are exposed to so many negatives, and we are able to provide a safe, faith-filled place.